Matlock Roofing presents you with a step by step guide to how a roof insurance claims work. Roofing insurance claims are a tricky business. Fortunately, by having a trusted contractor at your disposal, you could save some serious money and get your roof back to its original condition much faster.
But how will you determine if your roofing damage is claimable when to approach the contractor, what a typical insurance claim process involves, and so on? Let’s dive right in.
Common Signs of Claimable Roofing Damage
If a storm has recently ravaged your home, you might be wondering if your roof has sustained any serious damage or whether you should file a claim for your roofing damage. That’s why it’s important to conduct a roofing inspection right after any major weather event including a storm. Most insurance policies have a certain time frame during which you can file a claim after an event.
Here are some of the ways to determine if you have claimable roofing damage. Look out for the following signs
- Debris and fallen trees that have hit your roof or landed near your home’s structure
- Damaged gutter screens, downspouts, gutters, siding, chips, nicks, casings, and windowsills
- Torn door and window screens
- Signs of damage on HVAC equipment
- Discoloration and dark spots on roofing shingles
- Cracked or chipped roofing tiles
- Dents on the flat roofing surface and exhaust vents.
If you discover any of these signs, chances are that your roofing damage is claimable. Waste no more time and get in touch with an experienced contractor right away.
How Can We Help You to Deal With Your Insurance Claims?
At Matlock Roofing, we have successfully completed hundreds of roof restoration projects where the cause was storm roofing damage. So, we have in-depth knowledge of the insurance process, how to make the process faster, and get maximum coverage with the right evidence and proper documentation.
- We will help you create all the documents you need for a faster approval
- We know the formats insurance companies prefer. So, we provide Xactimate estimates which is the industry standard
- Our knowledgeable and experienced professionals will negotiate with your insurance company on your behalf
- We will be with you every step of the way. So, you can sit back and relax.
That’s why we are the leading roof restoration experts no matter if the damage is caused by hurricanes, water, hail, fallen trees, or any disaster.
It pays to have an experienced team like Matlock Roofing by your side so that you can get top-notch results without breaking the bank.
Different Types of Insurance Policies
Different policies come with different terms and conditions. They pay differently to replace or fix your roofing damage depending on the type of coverage you opt for. Insurance policies can be broadly classified into two types: Actual Cash Value (ACV) and Replacement Cost Value (RCV)
ACV is determined by subtracting the loss in value or depreciation (depending on the age) from the total amount needed to fix the roof.
On the other hand, RCV doesn’t consider the loss in value or depreciation with age. It just pays the total amount you need to fix or replace your roof regardless of its age.
Surviving a storm or any other natural disaster that results in property damage can be quite traumatic. Dealing with your roofing damage can be frustrating as you have your own job or business to focus on while tackling the complexities of the insurance claim process.
At Matlock Roofing & Construction in Hattiesburg, Sumrall, Petal, and Purvis, MS, we strive to remove this burden with all the assistance you need to restore your roof to its brand-new condition. For more guidance, get in touch with our experts at 601-299-4048 today.